Giving the gift of new life to Kentuckiana’s beloved roadways
WE KNOW HOW TO PRESERVE THE BEST OF YOUR FAVORITE ROADS
No road or highway lasts forever — but asphalt pavement can be the closest thing to offering roadways a second life. It’s no wonder asphalt pavement has become the most recycled material in the U.S. Because asphalt is 100% recyclable, replacing asphalt road surfaces offers multiple bonuses: cost-effective reuse of material, less landfill waste, and an environmental reduction of virgin liquid asphalt needs.
Through a process called milling, Louisville Paving and Construction is able to remove parts of the existing roadway that need rehabilitation while preserving the rest. Milled material is brought back to the plant, later processed and incorporated into a new layer of asphalt — without altering the roadway’s elevation. Essentially rebuilding a new road surface requires quick construction, in some cases overnight. Using milling, we can minimize disruption to the public and simultaneously provide you a safer, smoother road; matching existing curbs and drains.
The Top 7 Advantages of Milling:
- Milled asphalt is 100% recyclable. Incorporating the old, milled asphalt means we can actually reduce the amount of materials required for new asphalt production.
- This process cuts expenses and protects the environment.
- It saves precious landfill space along with any additional trucking costs.
- Surface drainage is improved.
- Existing curb and gutter reveals are better maintained.
- Surface planarity can now be restored.
- It’s time-efficient. Under most circumstances, we can maintain traffic flow, allowing people to immediately travel on the milled surface.
For more information about how Louisville Paving and Construction can help you with your asphalt milling needs, contact Matt Riggle.